Note: Before looking at these steps, we recommend that you confirm you have the correct permissions to post on behalf of your Facebook page, as there have been reports that Users have had their permissions reduced to Task Access.
Step 1 - Create a Message Template
The steps for creating a thank you message in GivePanel remain the same regardless of your Facebook page being switched over to the new page experience.
- Go to Account Settings > Messages
- Click the "Add New Template" button
- Give your Message Template a name (this will not be public).
- Create a short, personal message
- Use the [Firstname /] short code to dynamically insert the first name of the fundraiser
- Use emojis if you can
- If you want to add a data capture form to your message see here
Step 2 - Post the Message
- Go to Fundraisers section on the left hand menu
- Find the fundraiser you want to message and click to open their fundraiser record
- Click the Message button
- Select the Message template from the list of Messages. When you do this it will copy the message to the clip board on your computer and open the fundraiser's page in a new tab ready for you to paste and post the message
- Click in the box to post on the fundraiser's page and hit Ctrl+V to paste the message.
Note: We have found that with the New Page Experience, a User's personal profile is selected by default, which wont have the permission to post any messages. You will need to switch profiles to your charity page which will cause the "Write Something" box to appear.
You can switch profiles using the following method.
- Click your profile picture in the top right hand corner.
- Click on the second icon in the bar alongside your profile.
If your organization's icon isn't showing in the dropdown, you might need to speak an Admin of the Facebook page and check you have the right permissions since the switch over.
- We recommend you do not add images since in testing we have found it reduces response
- Click Post to post the message
- Close the Facebook page so you are back on the GivePanel tab
- Click the label to track that you have sent the message to that fundraiser. We recommend when creating your labels, calling the label and the message template the same name. If you're a customer of GivePanel, and would like to see some examples of best practice messaging, please contact your success manager or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click Save